|Top 5 Fast and Healthy After-School Snacks|
|Aug 13, 2018|
With the start of the school year right around the corner, there is a long list of things moms have to start thinking about. One of them is how to keep your hungry kids from coming home after school and grabbing anything and everything to eat!
One of the best ways to avoid this is to have healthy food ready as soon as they walk in the door.
Here are 5 fast and healthy after-school snacks you will be able to prepare the night before or quickly make in minutes after getting home.
1. Frozen Yogurt Grapes - A fun snack you put it in the freezer the night before. All you need are some grapes and yogurt. Just dip each grape in the yogurt, put it on a wax paper lined baking sheet, and slide into the freezer. For the younger kids, I would suggest cutting the grapes in half.
2. Mini Fruit Pizza - This one doubles as a fun activity for the kids! Give them each a miniature tortilla shell, a yogurt cup for the sauce, and some of their favorite fruit cut into pieces. The kids will love this because they will be able to make it how they want, and will feel pride in making their own snack!
3. Make Ahead Smoothies - Kids love smoothies for their fun colors and sweet fruity tastes. Moms love smoothies for their healthy options and ease of sneaking in vegetables! Just grab your blender the night before and any fruit or veggies you have around and mix them up. Add flax seed or protein powder for added nutrients and texture. Put them in a cup in the fridge and they will be ready for the kids after school the next day.
4. Snap peas and grapes - Getting kids to eat healthy food isn't always easy and one of the reasons is the presentation. Kids like to eat food that looks good to them. Grapes and snap peas are an adorable mix in a little bowl and fun to eat. The flavors also complement each other. Even your most picky eaters will be asking for more of this flavorful mix.
5. Trail Mix - This old faithful snack is a great go-to. When I say trail mix, I mean any mixture of healthy cereal, nuts, pretzels, or dried fruits that you have around. You can have the kids help mix everything or make it the night before. If your kids have a sweet tooth that day, you can even add some miniature M&Ms or chocolate chips.
Jan 15, 2019
Dec 13, 2018
Nov 19, 2018
Oct 18, 2018
Oct 12, 2018
Oct 02, 2018
Aug 31, 2018
Jul 05, 2018
Jun 01, 2018
May 24, 2018
Apr 27, 2018
Apr 19, 2018
Apr 03, 2018
Mar 26, 2018